Wednesday, February 8, 2012

REINVENT LEFTOVER RICE

After taking home Chinese food, I wanted to create another meal using the leftover rice.  You can use anything in your frig, here's what I came up with:

INGREDIENTS:

1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic
3 carrots, peel and diced small
3 stalks celery, sliced
1 cup frozen peas
olive oil
dark sesame oil
fresh grated ginger
tamari
salt and pepper
leftover rice

DIRECTIONS:

Saute the onion in a small amount of olive oil and sesame oil.  Add salt.  When slightly cooked, add the garlic and carrots.

Next add the celery and frozen peas.  Cook until still a bit crisp.  Add a few splashes of tamari, fresh grated ginger, coarse black pepper.  Cook another couple of minutes. 

Finally stir in the rice and stir-fry till all is mixed and rice is starting to stick. 

On day two of this dish, I'll add 2 scrambled eggs to extend the servings. 


when I have the time and ingredients, I also like the addition of cashews or tofu

No comments: