Tuesday, August 14, 2012

CROCK POT CABBAGE SOUP


INGREDIENTS:

1 large onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
3 large celery ribs, chopped
3/4 medium-size cabbage, cored and cut into ribbons
28 oz can chopped tomatoes, with their juice
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
6 cups veggie broth
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried marjoram
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. agave


DIRECTIONS:

Saute the onions, carrots and celery in a saucepan with a bit of veggie broth.


I cut my veggies very fine in the Vitamix but a rough chop is fine.


When the veggies are tender, add them with the rest of the ingredients in the crock pot.  Cook the first hour on high.  Cook an additional 6 hours.


simmered all day in the crock pot












2 comments:

PF CHANGS LOCAL said...

I love soup:) Thanks for sharing your recipe. I will be sharing this blog with all my friends. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

Wonderfully flavorful