Wednesday, November 21, 2012

MAKE YOUR OWN TACO SEASONING


my homemade taco seasoning
mix in prep bowl



I found this recipe on the Internet.  Why make your own?  First of all, it's cheaper, way cheaper!  I like the idea of making my own spice blend so I can control what goes into my meals and ultimately my body.  Start with using good ingredients.

I bottle my blends in my recycled Penzeys spice jars.  Shame to put those jars to waste.

INGREDIENTS:

1 part chili powder
1 part cumin
1 part garlic powder
1 part onion powder
1/4 - 1/2 part crushed red pepper


DIRECTIONS:

Mix all the spices together and store in an airtight container.  You can store this in the freezer.
Use sparingly OR liberally.

I plan on using this today in my taco soup (a previous post).  This would be great in tacos or 7 layer Mexican dip OR any other recipe that calls for taco seasoning.


my taco seasoning




No comments: