Saturday, June 23, 2012

BERRY COMPOTE




great served on the oatmeal egg white pancake


2 year old blueberry bush in my garden


One way to use those many fresh picked blueberries.  This mixture is thick and rich and great served atop pancakes, french toast or better yet my healthy OATMEAL EGG WHITE PANCAKE.

INGREDIENTS:

1 pkg. frozen blueberries  (I freeze in batches and then use one of the baggies full)
1/4 cup organic sugar or Sucanat (I use agave nectar)
1/4 cup spring water
1 tsp. Arrowroot powder


DIRECTIONS:

Simmer the spring water and sugar together until reduced and bubbly.

Add the berries and allow them to cook until they pop.

Whisk in the arrowroot powder and cook until sauce becomes bubbly and thick.

Serve immediately with the pancakes.


Feel free to use any berry; I just love the blueberries.


I'm always fighting the birds for these.


berries cooking on the stove


ready to serve

DAY 2:  used this as a jelly spread on a flat bread with almond butter


No comments: