Tuesday, June 26, 2012

GARDEN INSPIRED APPETIZERS

My challenge was to create snacks using the abundance from my garden. 





More important than ever, since reading the NY Times article sent to me by brother Bill.  Eating dirt?  A good thing?  Hug a farmer?  Give up the germ killing wipes?  Read more:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/21/opinion/lets-add-a-little-dirt-to-our-diet.html?_r=2&emc=tnt&tntemail1=y


For my late afternoon cocktail hour, I finally decided on:

sweet cherry tomatoes with 2 dipping sauces, fresh basil pesto and tzatziki,

baba ganoush with crackers for dipping and

dressed fresh tomato slices with sliced mozzarella and whole basil leaves



both tomatoes and basil from my garden



cherry tomatoes from the garden served with
tzatziki and homemade basil pesto


baba ganoush with dipping crackers

No comments: