Monday, September 24, 2012

DRINK YOUR COLLARDS AND SPINACH


fall garden collards
a great way to start the day

A really great friend called today and told me to sit down.  She's sick with a large part of her colon removed and in the hospital for the second time and still facing more surgery.  The shock for her today came when the doctor recommended a better diet for her: the bulk being organic fruits and vegetables with KALE and other dark greens being the star.  She remembers when everyone made fun of me and my KALE (couldn't wait to tell me).  Now at 64, she's determined to start this new eating regime.

This recipe would be a good start. 

WHAT I USED:

6 collard leaves
3 hand fulls of spinach
1 carrot, cut in chunks
1 peeled orange
1 cup frozen pineapple
2 Tbsp. flax seed
water as needed


DIRECTIONS:

Blend all together.  Drink!



I always place the water and frozen food on the bottom.
Pour in more water as needed.




green health

No comments: