Monday, August 22, 2011

HORSERADISH TOPPED SALMON & SHRIMP DIPPING SAUCE


I used to buy this already prepared salmon for $13 per pound at the fresh fish market up in NJ. Then one day the fish monger told me how to make it.  He was full of good tips.  The horseradish brings out the sweetness of the salmon.

Horseradish Topped Salmon

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

I served this with brown rice and my kale with walnut sauce (prior blog).

In a bowl mix together seasoned panko crumbs and horseradish sauce.  Pat this mixture thickly on top of the salmon flesh. 
Place the salmon, skin side down, in a bit of water (keeps fish from sticking) in a baking dish.
Baking time will depend on the thickness of your fish, as little as 15 min., NO MORE than 20 minutes

tip#2 
I can't close this posting without sharing the fish monger's simple simple recipe for a seafood dipping sauce.  He gave me this recipe as an accompaniment to my coconut shrimp.  Simple and delicious!

COCONUT SHRIMP DIPPING SAUCE:

Mix equal parts of soy sauce and pineapple preserves.  SERVE

YEP, THAT'S ALL FOLKS!


No comments: