These guiltless fries are truly healthy and delicious. The first time I made these, I ate the entire batch. Careful with the ketchup, it's 44% sugar.
Squash French Fries
½ butternut squash
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Ketchup to serve
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Peel and de-seed your butternut squash. Slice squash in half.
3. Cut it up into French fry shapes.
4. Place on a cookie sheet (s) sprayed with non-stick spray. Drizzle over 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Toss to coat. Cover lightly with kosher salt. I like to use garlic powder and Penzey's Smokey Seasoned Salt.
5. Place tray in your pre-heated oven and bake for 40 minutes or so, flipping halfway through baking process.
6. Fries are done when they are starting to brown on the edges and get crispy.
7. Serve with ketchup or syrup if desired.