Thursday, June 30, 2011

PURPLE POTATOES n' PARSLEY

I decided to make my mom's wonderful flavorful, parsley potatoes.  Always trying to take it to the next level, I chose the purple potato.  This recipe, like all of mine, is quick, easy and delish.  Thank you mom.


the purple potato, colorful inside and out

check it out:



INGREDIENTS:

3 purple potatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup butter / I use Earth Balance
3 Tbsp. olive oil
large bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Boil the potatoes until just fork tender / let cool, then skin and dice
Melt in the skillet, the oil and butter
Add the parsley and the potatoes.  Stir to coat and heat.  Season with the salt and pepper.

GREAT accompaniment to any meat or "mock" meat.  I served this with veggie hot dogs, with a Burgundy sauce.  I'll post this next.


the finished product / yum

No comments: