Thursday, July 7, 2011

RAWTELLA

thank you Jon / great recommendation for a substitution

I must admit that lately I've "fallen" into the bad habit of eating my very favorite breakfast...almost daily.  Carrs Whole Wheat crackers topped with almond butter and Nutella...hmmmmmm ...nothing better.  Normally, I check labels on everything but think I neglected this with my recent craving for Nutella;  I simply didn't want to know.  Today my brother Jon send me some wonderful information. (please read below)  Because of this new info,  tomorrow I'll be returning an unopened jar of Nutella to Publix and visiting the local health food store to purchase this new, to me, substitute.

Reader's Digest BEST YOU says:

"BETTER THAN NUTELLA
A chocolate concoction you can be proud to spoon
A friend of ours once ate half a jar of Nutella with a spoon. That's right. Good thing she doesn't shame easily. Still, poor her. She might have been spared the 21 grams of sugar, 22 grams of carbs, and 3.5 grams of saturated fat per two tablespoons of the dastardly hazelnut-chocolate spread (multiplied by however many tablespoons in a half-jar divided by two) if she'd only known our friend Stephanie Middleberg, a nutritionist. Stephanie would have suggested Rawtella, one of her favorite new snacks. Rawtella, which is available at health food stores and through rawtella.com, is like Nutella, only simpler and slimmed way down-it's made with hazelnuts, cacao nibs (crunchy bits of roasted cacao beans), and coconut sugar. No oil, no preservatives, and a whole lot less sugar. "With heart-healthy fats and only three grams of sugar per serving, Rawtella will satisfy your cravings and won't make your blood sugar spike," Stephanie says. She likes spreading a tablespoon of Rawtella on a whole-wheat crepe and topping with a sliced banana. But, please, tell your friend not to eat half a jar of this either. "

read more:

http://www.rawtella.com/
http://www.rawguru.com/rawtella-gourmet-chocolate-butter-review.html
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=487319790910&comments&ref=mf

No comments: